Thursday, April 22, 2010

Growing up too fast

I can’t believe Jane is almost 9 months old and Claire will be three the end of June, where does the time go?  Jane is very attached to me right now.  I have permanent wrinkles on the skin of my left forearm from holding her so much.  But I guess I should cherish the fact that she wants to be with me all the time, before I know it she will be a teenager and won’t want anything to do with me.

Yesterday I took this snapshot of Jane.  She hasn’t totally mastered crawling yet, but she has decided to start climbing up things (are we going to have to take another child to the ER with knocked out teeth??).

IMG_0001-1

Jake started building a white picket fence the end of last summer.  The whole reason we decided to build it was to keep Claire contained in the backyard (that girl can run fast if she wants to!).  He started building it with his dad and mom when they came  the beginning of August after Jane was born.  Needless to say, with a newborn and other things going on, we didn’t complete it before winter hit.  The other night as Jake was literally attaching the last of the pickets to complete the fence, Claire reached her hand through the pickets on the gate, unlatched it, and escaped!  Aren’t we glad we spent all that money and time to finish this fence and now we are just moving back to Utah?  Our precious little Claire….

IMG_0010-1

So innocent looking too!

4 comments:

Miriam said...

I love the pictures and are so excited for you guys moving back to Utah. Hopefully we will all see more of each other now! These little girls need to play more with each other.

Brenna said...

I love this post! Jane is adorable, and I love how Claire has her feet out in her pj's... such big girls.
... and now, I'm gonna have to look for arm wrinkles.
Love you!

Julie Miller said...

Rachel told me you are moving back. We just moved back, too. We will have to all catch up soon!

Molly said...

First of all i have many comments. I didn't realize how much time has gone by! Jane is growing up so fast and they are both soooo adorable. I can't wait till you move here. Jake's fence is beautiful. I think Claire is going to have many talents and surprising skills (like her road making) becuase her parents are extremely smart and talented so just prepare yourselves to be constantly impressed with your kids. Cute halloween costumes and cute house- i will never get to see it in person. And fade to black.