Thursday, June 16, 2011

Update

I know it has been much too long since I last posted anything, it is obvious I am not much of a blogger. Things have been quite hectic over the last few months. We finally bought a house and moved in the middle of March. We have been busy remodeling, unpacking, and organizing and we still have so much to do. Check back in two years and I will let you know what has been completed.

Another thing that has thrown our lives out of balance was the discovery that Claire has a heart defect and will need open heart surgery. I took her into the doctor for croup a month ago and the doctor heard a heart murmur. After several tests at Primary Children's Hospital by the end of the day I was told she had a large hole between her atriums (Atrial Septal Defect) that would require open heart surgery. Needless to say we were in shock. Now we are just trying to keep her from getting sick before her surgery on July 26th. If she gets even a cold we have to post-pone the surgery for six weeks. So we have been trying to quarantine her and Jane as much as possible- no church, no stores, no family parties if someone is sick, etc. We really can't have her surgery delayed as I am pregnant and due the beginning of September. With my last two pregnancies going early, I think I am the only pregnant woman praying that I don't go early again! Any prayers in Claire's behalf would be greatly appreciated. It is the top thing in my mind most hours of the day as we wait for her surgery day. My life perspective has totally changed the last month.


P.S. we are having another girl! I tried to add some pictures of the girls, but it wasn't working...sorry

4 comments:

The Kimber Crew said...

Hey Mandy, hope you are hanging in there! I'm totally going to come kidnap you when my life calms down (which I am hoping will be after the 25th). Lots of fingers crossed over here that everything goes as smoothly as possible.

Julie Miller said...

Wow, Mandy! Our prayers will be with you and your family. Hope all goes well. Congrats on another little girl!

Heidi said...

Mandy,
I can't believe that! Oh, I'm thinking about you & pray all will be okay. And another little girl... fun stuff!

Shaun and Emily said...

I know I commented on facebook too, but hadn't checked your blog in awhile. Our prayers are with you. I would love to see pictures of your new place and your darling girls!